The Extraordinary Taxi Ride
We're proud to announce that after an epic 9-week journey across Western Australia, The Extraordinary Taxi Ride has officially completed its journey.
After finding our extraordinary taxi driver and sending him off on the adventure of a lifetime, Crawford Yorke made his way around Western Australia to showcase some of the state’s best-kept secrets. Before hitting the road, we selected a pair of passengers from around Australia and the world to take part in each of the 11 journey legs. From a young lawyer from Criminal Lawyers Perth passionate about helping others, to a single mother putting herself first, to the blind man who can ‘feel the power of nature’ - each of our passengers had their own extraordinary story.
Over this 9-week journey we explored the many extraordinary corners of Western Australia, from the whitest beach in Australia at Lucky Bay in Esperance to the tiger striped Bungle Bungle Range in World Heritage Listed Purnululu National Park in the Kimberley.
The journey may have finished, but the adventure isn’t over yet. Find out what happened on The Extraordinary Taxi Ride for yourself and check out all the latest news, photos, videos here on the official website. Then embark on your own adventure around Western Australia by downloading the TomTom GPS itinerary for each leg or visit one of our exclusive travel partners for great holiday deals
Get ready to experience extraordinary.
Meet Crawford Yorke
Meet our local driver Crawford Yorke. Born and bred in Perth, Crawford was thrilled to have been chosen to promote his home state as the extraordinary place that he knows so well. See how he went as he drove 11 pairs of passengers around Western Australia on this 9-week journey.
- Crawford was able to assist a client who had a mild heart attack, helping to save his life
- Crawford thinks the Bungle Bungles are WA’s most extraordinary place because of the impressive landscapes, and especially the caves
- When asked what he loves most about WA, Crawford said it’s his home town of Rossmoyne, because of its vibrant atmosphere and abundance of tourists
- Crawford once picked up a client who had won at the casino and shared his winnings with him
- If chosen to be the driver for the Extraordinary Taxi Ride, Crawford would be most excited about being able to promote WA as an extraordinary place and show his commitment to new migrants